Hot Water Baseboards; paint For ?

Hello,
Have a forced hot water heating system, with metal kick-plate covers over the radiating fins. The standard stuff.
If I want to re-paint them, is an ordinary latex paint O.K., seeing the thermal expansion and contractions that take place ? Or,...?
Whatever paint is on their now has stood up pretty well, but looks dingy. No idea of paint type or brand.
Thanks, Bob

> Whatever paint is on their now has stood up pretty well, but looks dingy.

. So why not save money and just clean it (them)?
Joe

The original is probably baked on when manfactured.
I've done a bunch of them...first being a year ago and it's held up fine.
- Sanded to rough them with a palm sander. Any hints of rust sanded to bare metal. Rust will eventually bleed through. - Primed with Rustoleum spray white primer. - Painted with 2 coats of Rustoleum gloss white. 2nd coat done within one hour per directions to avoid peeling. If not done within 1 hr, they say to wait 48(?) hours. Check the can. I've seen other brands say to wait a week if not done within x-hrs.

I've use plain oil based gloss white. You can spray or brush. While the finned tubing moves a lot, the housings don't expand enough to be a concern.