Hot tub parts replacement

The inner gasket of my Aquatemp heater assembly is broken so I imagine I will have to replace the whole unit. Is it essential that I replace the existing unit with the exact same part or can I replace it with any old one? (Maybe an upgrade)
Thanks

Check out http://www.spababes.com/ for answers. Don't let the name fool you.
Are you talking about an inline heater.
I think any heater that fits on the same pipes and uses the same voltage should work just fine. If you are replacing a heating element inside an assembly, the shape would be important but not necessarily the brand.
If by upgrade you mean more watts (not better reliability/brand or a fancy controller) then make sure the electrical circuit you have is sufficient for the new current load.

On 7 May 2006 14:58:28 -0700, c snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Just about any part for any spa...
http://store.aquaticpartsco.com/apc/displaycatalog?d=2&sdst=0
Terry & Skipper, Clearlake Texas