Hot Tub Motor Rating for Amperage

Page 2 of 2

Am I the only one here that thinks a 1 1/2hp, 16A motor requiring a 30A breaker for a mere whirpool tub in a bathroom is odd? Does it whirl the water across the house?
On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 09:02:16 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

When I was designing my spa they told me you need 1/3 to 1/2 HP per jet if you really want a therapy tub. Of course if you are just looking for swirling water (like most spas) you get by on a lot less.