Hot tub may have frozen.

Any spa experts out there. My hot tub quit on me last week during a freezing spell that got down close to zero. My tub was on all the time but something happned over night and now it only hums. The heating element works but the motor doesn't want to come on. If I hit the GFI button there is a big CLICK but nothing happens. I'm wondering if the connecting pipe froze and the motor burned up trying to pump against a solid frozen line? Any thoughts? I'm Jonezin' for a tub.

Remove nospam to respond.

Reply to
cc0112453

I'd be calling for an expert on this one. Dave

Reply to
DaveG

Funny you should pos this a I jsut went through this. Sounds like it is your pressure switch. I reccommend giving it a full 2 turns clockwise and see if that fixes your issue, if not turn it back to original and give it 2 counter clockwise. if this does not work, I would relplace it. It costed me about $100 to have it fixed.

Good luck! DB

Reply to
bodz