Hot Tub Jets

Hi Folks
I was given a used hottub. I'm considering replacing the "spa pack" with a newer kit because the old kit has a leak by one of the pressure switches on the heater tube.
the old tub does not have a blower.
My question is this, how much of a difference does a blower make to the jets?
if it is a huge difference, is it possible to retro fit a blower into a system that was designed without jets?
Dave
On Wed, 28 May 2008 09:22:11 -0700 (PDT), Zephyr

The jets don't use the blower, they suck in air from the venturi effect of the water coming out of the nozzle. Ther blower is to make bubbles from the bottom of the tub (if it has a bubble ring)
On May 28, 12:46 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

And I find the bubbles to be more for effect than anything else. The don't add any massage-type function. *But* my wife likes the bubbles and always turns them on when she's in the tub. Would she have missed them if they never existed? I'll never know...
depends on the type of jets. if they are blower supplied jets, then they will not 'self aspirate' air. AND it will not be plumbed in a manner that they could anyway.