Hot tub gfci problem...help!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend that has a cal hot tub, that has for the last 4 years randomly tripped the 50amp gfci breaker. the breaker,2 heating elements,heater relay have been changed, and I rewired it from the panel with 6 copper wire.the hot tub man has no idea and neither do i. it trips the breaker all the time...any ideas on what to do would be very much appreciated.yes the gfci is wired correctly...thanks
concept
You could have an intermittent ground leak in the motor or possibly a bad GFCI

Or moisture is getting into someplace that's causing the leakage? Wet dust can do that pretty easily, actually. Don't forget inside the boxes, switches, etc.. Maybe water's leaking down between the tub & wall?
Just a couple htoughs
Pop
--
Let someone else do it
I\'m retired!

What brand of GFI is giving you the problem. My electrician told me that one brand, the name escapes me now, was having nuisance trips in hot tub applications. We just had a hot tub installed.
If you post the brand I'll confirm with the guy if that is the problem type.
Mine sometimes trips when water backs up the siphon tube from my ozone generator. When this happens, I have to wait for the generator to dry out or disconnect it before GFI can be reset. Can you reset yours immediately after tripping? If not, then something is probably drying out in time and allowing a reset. If you can, then you ve got an intermittent imbalance or a defective GFI. Hope this helps.

panel
trips
GFI's can wear out. I believe you can get testers for them or you may try replacing it (I know $$$) but it is a safety concern you know.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (borgunit) wrote:

I'm pretty sure he said he replaced it already.