Hot Tub Fragrances

Would adding a little Eucalyptus oil to my hot tub cause any damage? Thanks

Reply to
john_cohen

Hmmm, I use Lavender oil. Never tried Eucalyptus. No problem.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

It won't cause any lasting damage as long as it is a small amount, but it WILL coat/clog your filter elements, so they will need to be carefully cleaned and changed out more often.

One of the common maintenance headaches with hottubs occurs when people who use body lotions and cosmetics use the tub without taking a shower first. Deliberately adding oils is along the same lines. If you really want to do it, then go ahead, but expect to do more maintenance as a result.

When I'm entertaining, I certainly don't make my guests shower first, but I plan on a drain, clean and refill shortly afterwards. 10 guests can contribute a lot of body lotion!

Reply to
Mys Terry

You would probably have to crush some eucalyptus parts. I don't think they would recover.

Reply to
mm
10 guests? That's a full house!
Reply to
Elliott P

Hi, Actually hot tub is germ brewer, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang