Hot Tub Fragrances

Would adding a little Eucalyptus oil to my hot tub cause any damage? Thanks
john snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Hmmm, I use Lavender oil. Never tried Eucalyptus. No problem.
On 26 Mar 2006 08:51:04 -0800, john snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

It won't cause any lasting damage as long as it is a small amount, but it WILL coat/clog your filter elements, so they will need to be carefully cleaned and changed out more often.
One of the common maintenance headaches with hottubs occurs when people who use body lotions and cosmetics use the tub without taking a shower first. Deliberately adding oils is along the same lines. If you really want to do it, then go ahead, but expect to do more maintenance as a result.
When I'm entertaining, I certainly don't make my guests shower first, but I plan on a drain, clean and refill shortly afterwards. 10 guests can contribute a lot of body lotion!
10 guests? That's a full house!
Mys Terry wrote:

Hi, Actually hot tub is germ brewer, LOL!
On 26 Mar 2006 08:51:04 -0800, john snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

You would probably have to crush some eucalyptus parts. I don't think they would recover.