Hot tub electric continued

So here is what I've done so far. Ran 6 gauge THHN through 1.5" conduit buried 18" deep. This wire runs out to approximately 5 feet from where the hot tub should be placed. It runs into a 50 amp GFI spa pack mounted about 3 feet off the ground on a treated post. My first two questions pertain to this spa pack.

  1. Does neutral get bonded to ground in the spa pack? (I dont think so but just wanted to confirm) 2. Should I install a ground rod at the spa pack? (Once again I dont think so but just wanted to confirm)

My next questions pertain to the other end of the wire. I drilled a 2" hole in my cinder block wall about 5 feet from the main panel. Through this hole I ran my 1.5" conduit which extends about 1" into my basement and the wires are now just hanging there.

  1. What is the proper way to run THHN into panel? 2. Can I transition from 1.5" conduit to 1" lighttite? 3. If so what are the names of the parts I need to do that? 4. Is it acceptable to run a 50 amp GFI spa pack off a 60 amp breaker in the main panel?

Thanks all Rod M.

Reply to
rodney_morgan

NO

NO

You can have the 60 in the panel. I would get a Carlon 4x4x4 deep box, put a male adapter on your conduit and run it into a drilled hole in the back of the box. (2" hole saw works). Then you can run any listed wiring method on to the panel, even 6/4 Romex. If the THHN is long enough you can keep coming with a rigid or flexible raceway.

Reply to
gfretwell

The only thing I'd add to gfretwell's reply, is to be sure the wire also says "THWN"

Reply to
RBM