hot tub basic question

My hot tub is showing a small leak, out from under the vertical wood pieces that surround it- it is a round Pacific Marquis. After draining, of course, the leak stopped. I could not see any leaking around the exposed plumbing inside the pump hatch area. There are two gigantic bronze colored bands that surround the tub, one high and one low, connected/tightened just like a hose clamp at one point. In order to find the leak, I must get beneath the vertical wooden pieces that surround the tub, held in place (?) by the two large bands. What happens next in this troubleshooting? Do those bands actually function like a hose clamp? Are those wooden pieces connected or individual, once the retaining band is removed. I cannot see any plumbing unless the slats are out of the way, near the leak. HELP, please?

Reply to
aokvw