hot to install pet door

I have sliding glass doors on the backside of the house. In one of them, I have a 3' wide vertical plywood panel that the slider goes up against. There is a cutout down low on the panel for a pet door. I wedge a dowel in the track to prevent intrusion.

Anyone have any better ideas/approaches than this? My way is somewhat primative, but it works.

Reply to
RB

How about this. It's designed to be installed into a sliding patio door opening.

website:

Link to item:

Click on the item for details.

Reply to
Marshall

There are doggie doors that are specifically designed for sliding glass doors.

I did a search on the internet and found an example at

Mel

Reply to
Mel

Those are both good. Thanks.