Hot Shower Pressure Valve

We just moved into a new house and the shower does not get very hot. We have turned the hot water heater up to

150 and we have a booster hot water heater near the shower which is also turned up to 150. However, I still can't get the shower hot enough for me. The builder says that the building codes required him to put in a "pressure balancing valve" , instead of two handles like I am used to, in order to prevent the victim from getting burned when someone flushes the toilet. The valve is set on the hottest setting, and we have tried three different valve inserts, and they all work the same.

Has anyone else had this same complaint ?

I like to have the shower really hot and then I balance the temperature myself with adjustment of the cold water valve. I can't do it anymore. Bummer.

Has the government started inserting themselves into our showers ??

Andy

PS If anyone has suggestions, I would be most interested in reading them.

Reply to
Andy

Rick R

New house as in a builder built it for you, it could even be a bad plumbing job, somewhere hot is feeding cold

Reply to
m Ransley

Thus spake Andy:

Confirm that you're actually getting *hot* (not warm) from the hot supply. Pull the mixing cartridge out of the assembly (with supply turned off) and then have someone turn on the hot supply. See if the hot is really hot.

This requires that you have some kind of cold water shut-off somewhere before the mixer valve...

Good luck,

Reply to
DaveC