Hot Roof

Anyone every hear about a "Hot Roof" insulation? Any experience? Feedback?
Thanks

Are you talking about a reflective foil ?
Greg

This >>> http://www.airtightinsulationpa.com/Applications/NonVentedHotRoofSystem/tabid/185/Default.aspx
and this >>> http://www.structuretech1.com/tag/hot-roof /
and more if you Google "Hot Roof"

http://www.airtightinsulationpa.com/Applications/NonVentedHotRoofSystem/tabid/185/Default.aspx
The second link was inneresting, an inneresting take on the shingle issue. I think there are quite a variety of spray-type foams used.
Ultimately, the issue is circulating air. Trapped air, otoh, is supposedly one of the best insulators, so theoretically, crumpled up newspaper should be pretty serviceable.
I think, tho, that an inch or two of circulating air, and THEN insulation is proly the best marriage, roofing-wise. Of course, if this is not already designed in, it's proly water under the bridge, BUT if a new roof were to be put on, an extra (gapped) layer of plywood proly wouldn't be too hard to execute.
--
EA

> and more if you Google "Hot Roof"
On 12/21/2011 2:54 AM, Existential Angst wrote:

What in the world does "proly" mean? It's not English, another language maybe?

Proly = Proberbly.
--
EA

LOL. I'd ask what Proberbly means but I think I have it figured out.
On 12/21/2011 3:53 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:

Bastardized spelling of words existed on The Net before texting appeared and completely destroyed The English language. ^_^
TDD

Lawyer I knew, who often made spelling mistakes, liked to quote Mark Twain:
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way."
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

I remember a very brite kid in 7th grade, who spelled some complicated word 5 different ways in his little report, hoping one of them would be "right". He was publically excoriated by the asshole teacher.
I'd vote for phonetic, but then we'd be like Africa or sumpn, with a zillion untranslatable dialects. As it is, we're already stuck with Snoop Dog et al.
--
EA

limited spelling and grammar education by most. Simply put, not much we can do about it.
I would prefer members in newsgroups learn how to snip/delete/cut/etc. previous replies when they reply. Nothing more aggravating than scrolling through the entire body of replies continuously only to discover the last reply contains two words.