Hot galvanized roofing nails

Do they exist anymore? All I can find are boxes of cheap electroplated roofing nails imported from China.
I've checked at every hardware and lumber store in town, including the ones that used to weigh out bulk nails. Thursday, I was at a Habitat for Humanity work site; someone left the roofing nails outside and they got wet and rusted to uselessness in a week. (I was looking for good nails before this, but I didn't think even *bright* nails would rust that fast.)
Bob

They're easy to find in coils for roofing nailers; not easy to find in bulk. You might be better off looking for stainless steel, although they are pricey. you could probably buy coil nails and a nailer for what you'd pay extra for SS.
HTH,
Paul
Paul Franklin wrote:

Thanks. I may buy a box of 'em and have my kid cut them apart for me while she watches TV. (I'm not doing a roof, I only need a couple of pounds to put up cement board in a wet area.)
I have some galvanized ring-shank nails for my framing nailer. I don't remember exactly what kind of nails they are, but they are just the right size except the heads are smaller. I wonder if they might work...
Bob
zxcvbob wrote:

The ring shanked nails would probably work better and you can buy all kinds of those with and without the rubber sealer used with corrugated plastic sheets.
zxcvbob wrote:

online is your best bet
http://www.mazenails.com/catalog/catalog.php?page=PAGE20&group=RFG
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 14:10:23 -0600, zxcvbob wrote:

I'm surprised that you can't find them. Where do you live? Usually, any hardware store that has bulk nails has them.

I've seen both hot dip galv and electro ones at HD. Box is clearly labeled. The electro ones are NG for the new PT lumber.

Those may have been the cheap-ass zinc plated ones. I've seen them advertised on Harbor Freight.