Hot Dog Saw Tested on Finger

Page 6 of 6

JimT wrote:

leading edge, or the side near the hub? The latter wouldn't frighten me too much- friction burns would be the immediate risk.
--
aem sends...

He carefully, slowly moves his middle finger and just barely touchs the blade like he's feeding a board but slower. Straight in. It looks to me like, if he fed it in at the speed of shoving a board in, it would cause more damage. But impressive anyway. He says he just feels a tickle of the blade. No cuts or blood.

What keeps the censer from getting dirty & not be able to read?From what I under stand it works on moisture,if its covered with a layer of dust how does it read. Learn your tools & use your head, but not for a stop block,

It senses the capacitance of your finger, much like a cap-sense lamp.
Red Green wrote:

Come to think on it, this gizmo wouldn't work on a meat saw, would it?
On 8/13/2010 6:23 PM, HeyBub wrote:

And it can't work on green lumber either.
--
Steve Barker

Wrong. If it's running, under-water wet, perhaps not. Green isn't a problem.