Hot Dog Saw Tested on Finger

It seems that's a reasonable option - they could make the safety interlocks much, much hard to defeat but they don't and that is a realization that they're a pain to "smart" people. So, if you know what you're doing, you disable them, and if you don't, you can't. The problem is that all this stuff gets sold without a lot of instruction so the safety interlocks become the last line of defense. No one wins when a kid loses fingers or toes in a lawnmower and a kid mowing a lawn is something to encourage - it means they're not huffing glue, vandalizing cars or stealing bicycles. (-: Like I said, I neither mind paying for nor having to defeat the safety features if a few more kids get to keep their digits.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

And it can't work on green lumber either.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Yes, and then people just flat assed accuse them of taking payoffs also when they don't agree with the unbiased assessment of an item.

steve

Reply to
Steve Barker

Wrong. If it's running, under-water wet, perhaps not. Green isn't a problem.

Reply to
krw

Woof! This has been a very articulate and long thread of repetition of claimed "facts" that has ever been repeated. I did a speed-read of the whole thread without coming across any new or even lesser known facts which, BTW were given adnauseum without the faintest hint of verifiability. The time spent on these large opines is certainly questionable.

Reply to
Twayne

One thing I have learned from all of this discussion, your hot dog is safe around one of those saws.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Say again? Either English isn't your first language or it was written after more than your first drink, or, as your "woof" implies "No one on the internet really knows if you're a dog or not."

Very thorough, I am sure, and not missing any items like:

"Power saws may cause severe lacerations and fractures. Nerve, tendon, vascular injury and amputation are possible as well. Fingertip injuries are the most common with the thumb being the most commonly injured digit. An injury sustained from a power saw could quickly and suddenly have devastating consequences. It has been determined that a circular table saw can sever a human forearm 6 centimeters in diameter in just 40 - 60 milliseconds depending upon the feeding power of the saw."

"

So you're expecting us to believe you at your word, that you knew JUST how fast you could get you forearm cut off and which finger gets cut off the most? Those, among others, were new facts to me, along with the other citations I posted. Are we expected to believe you knew about the stats concerning children and power saw injuries at the site below, too?

Are you SURE you were reading the thread about the hot dog saw and not some other newsgroup? We do see some spectacular mis-posts from time to time. Your post was completely free of any words related to the topic, so I have to ask . . .

Tell the man who's forcing you to read the thread with a gun to your head that you'd like to renegotiate your contract.

Who but a troll would post such a message in a newsgroup that exists to promote discussion of various topics? In addition, it's a) our time to waste and b) don't your think your post is actually the most guilty of being a fact-free waste of time? Flanigan's Law: A man will accuse others of what he is most guilty of himself.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green