Hot cup mark on leather couch

Hi! someone in my home set a hot cup on my brown leather couch and now it has a ring mark on it. Does anyone know of a way to fix this type of ring mark, as the couch is only new.

Thanks

Reply to
will_433

Have you tried a leather conditioner / cleaner?

Reply to
PipeDown

Is it a whitish ring? You might try a little shoe polish of a similar color.

In alt.home.repair on 20 Jul 2005 09:26:55 -0700 will snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com posted:

I don't know if this can help you, but maybe someone el.se

I had a leather-topped coffee table, which I didn't even own. I was storing it/using it for someone, along with other furniture when he moved to a furnished home and didn't have room.

After successfully keeping a plant on the table for a year, one time the water overflowed after I had stepped away (took time to go through the dirt).

The pattern of the paper napkin it sat on became embossed or otherwise showed in the leather. Not the same as a *hot* cup maybe.

I tried saddle soap, tung oil, leather polish, maybe clear shoe polish, and maybe a couple ohter things. I would have replaced the leather but I thought he might prefer the money. I had to wait 3 more years until he called me again. He wanted the piano, but nothing else. Lucky me. By this time, I had run out of space myself and put the table in a friend's basement.

I didn't look at it again, until I was moving out of NY about 3 years after that, and I went to get it. All trace of the damage was gone. All of it. I don't know when the damage disappeared.

I guess the basement was a little damp since it was a basement, of an old house, maybe with stone foundation walls, but it wasn't very damp. I didn't fell or see any dampness. No mold, only a little "basement smell" if at all. Still, I can only guess it was the humidity or the time.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

Humidity or delayed success of one of your "solutions" Prolly one of the oils

- = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Fooey on GIU,{MS,X}Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]

Reply to
vjp2.at