Hose repair kits

Page 2 of 2
On 4/18/2016 2:53 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Fortunately, used as described, will be exposed to zero PSIG.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote: ...

i just did a hardware store run for a hose end (male) and new sprayer.
they had all sorts of the kind you describe (which i didn't want as i think they pull apart after a while) and only one left of the hose clamp kind.
i didn't pay attention to how small the brass fitting inside was and got back to find out it was smaller and the hose clamp would not seal it tight enough. i had a wide rubber band in the drawer and cut it so that i could wrap it around a few times and now it doesn't leak.
mostly we have rather tough water with some calcium and iron in it so fittings tend to stick together rather well.
i had to take the hose sprayer off with a chisel (cutting it) as it would turn and the whole end was turning too. the cheap kinds don't last.
would vaseline spread on the threads help? i did that just in case...
new sprayer is very nice and i kept the receipt as it says lifetime warranty. we'll see...
songbird

What hardware store? It might be "old stock", if it's a local store. Or maybe one of the harsware chain stores still carry them (such as True Value, or Ace Hardware).
Like i said, they work well on rubber hoses. They DONT work on plastic hoses.
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

local branch of Ace HW. Wallysworld also carries them (Walfart).
songbird
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

I don't know,but I had a good hose that got a hole in it about half way so I bought a male and female end and made it so that I had 2 hoses. Just make sure which end you place where.