Horse keeps unplugging cord to stock tank (drinking water)

Page 2 of 3
On Fri, 1 Jan 2016 11:04:01 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

I forget the details after 20 years, but somewhere far away humans somehow taught some newts?? (like otters) to wash their food before eating it, and they ended up teaching their offspring. I lost track of what happened next.
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Dogs licking their paws MAY be a sign of them having allergies. FYI
--
Tekkie

On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 4:30:30 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:

Apparently he's allergic to having a dirty face because the only time he licks his paws is just before he uses them to clean his face.
My cat must have the same allergy.
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Sorry if the facts interfere with your observations. My crystal ball is cloudy because evidently it can't find your brain, assuming you have one. I f your dog drags it's ass across your carpet does this mean you don't have a bidet for it? It was posted for general dog owners not the elite ones like you. You know it all.
--
Tekkie

On Fri, 1 Jan 2016 11:04:01 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
That's different !!! That cat taught him well ... :)
On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 08:55:03 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

I saw one of those unmatched pairs on a short video too. Charming.
And occasional mothers who adopt from another species.
And unrelated, a little bulldog that scared away two big bears, 20 or 30 times his size (counting fur) from his home. They swatted at him, but ended up running away.
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc posted for all of us...

A touching story about a man and his horse... You are no James Herriot so I would suggest a different occupation. Like a Google researcher.
--
Tekkie

On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 08:55:03 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

That reminds me. When the pony removes my cap, does that mean I've been DeCAPitated? :)
On 12/31/2015 9:38 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

Well, d'uh, they don't want to be accused of being faggy horses.
And it's like the old story about the young married couple. Had a kid, and bought the boy the latest in toys to stimulate the mind. And the boy only wants to play with the empty card board box. Did you leave the box from the horse balls? Maybe horses like empty boxes also?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

They must be reading their owners posts...
--
Tekkie

On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 18:33:27 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

Put a board over the cord so she can't reach it. Next thing she'll be chewing the cord and you'll have a dead horse.
On 1/1/2016 1:16 AM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

How many dead horses result from chewing a GFCI cord?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 01:16:57 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

You do know what the purpose of a GFI is, right? I know I mentioned at least 3 times that I use them on all outlets where animals can get to cords and electrical stuff...
On 1/1/2016 7:16 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

A government mandated GFCI insures that most essential equipment will be without power at the most expensive possible moment, insuring the loss of the greatest possible expense to the party of the first part.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/01/2016 06:30 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[snip]

The GFCI solves one problem. The fact that it creates another is "unimportant".
Spoiled food, dehydrated horses, flooded basements, electrocution*. They're all unimportant.
* - I was reading the post about a tripped GFCI on a sump pump, and a breaker panel in a flooded basement.
--
"What religion a man shall have is a historical accident, quite as much
as what language he shall speak." [George Santayana, Reason in Religion]
On Saturday, January 2, 2016 at 4:12:50 PM UTC-5, hah wrote:

If the only 2 choices are "important" and "unimportant" then spoiled food, dehydrated horses and flooded basements are indeed unimportant when compared to death by electrocution*, which the GFCI can prevent.

* Darwin might have something to say about someone who attempts to access a breaker panel in a flooded basement. Anyone who sloshes through a flooded basement to deal with any type of electrical problem while the power to the house is still on deserves whatever happens.
On 1/2/2016 3:12 PM, hah wrote:

There's an exception for GFCIs when the receptacle is on a dedicated branch circuit and identified for a specific plugged-in appliance - such as a freezer, or a sump pump.
There's the solution. It wasn't too difficult for me, but I suspect it's a bit beyond you people's technical capabilities, hence your whining.

Take a cue from Donald Trump and make the horse build it.
many years ago my minature poodle chewed at the power wire to our vacuumn.
she was a smart puppy and although she ruined the vacuum power cord, it was over 40 bucks for a new one.
for the rest of her life she never went around any power cords. i tossed a ball, it would go behind the tv, she would come and stare at me till i retrieved the ball.
puddle died 4 years ago of old age, near 15 15 years old, i still miss her
On 12/31/2015 6:33 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

1. Hard wire the heater through conduit to a switch set farther away or in a box. 2. Move the outlet, or add another outlet, up by the roof. Run the heater's cord through split flex conduit, fasten the conduit to the wall so she can't pull at it, and plug it in up where she can't get at it.