Horrible landscaper

Before you think this post is a joke, check it out with the BBB online.

One of the poorest decisions of my life was to award Legend Landscapes llc of Willoughby Ohio. my business. I have never hired a landscaper before but we built a new home in an nice development in 2011 for aprox. 400K and chose Legend landscapes llc. to provide our landscape design and implementation. The initial contact and sell went very well and we liked the design concepts so we decided to move forward. They started the job a few weeks late, no big deal. Work went on for a few months with the usual delays. When 90% of the agreed work was complete I agreed to pay the remaining balance in full with a promises and handshake that they would return soon to complete the few things remaining. What a mistake! It has been over two years now and I am still waiting for grading to be repaired that creates a 30 foot pool of water on our new driveway. I have called, emailed and text over 86 times begging them to complete work and fix issues we have.

Do you think it's time for an attorney?

Reply to
Sherry Goodman

Yes of course. But he may ask you first what made you deliver all the agreed fee before completion of all the agreed work. Most state consumer departments seem to recommend withholding at least 10 per cent of the total (i.e. much of the project's profit margin) until after satisfactory conclusion.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

Your limit is one bad joke

*plonk*
Reply to
philo

Absolutely not! How in the hell do you think an attorney going to be able to grade an area that big? You need a shovel and a rake. That will work much better than an attorney.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I suppose you could attach the attorney to the back of a tractor and drag him around. ...but you're probably right. An attorney would never work that hard.

Reply to
krw