hormel and the meat industry

dont watch this link if stuff bothers you. they are using a new sped up butchering process where the animals are butcheded while llive and alert.

its the most disquisting thing i have ever watched

Reply to
bob haller

Parts of it looked faked for sensationalism. The veggie people would do things like that. In any case, slaughterhouses are nasty places.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Years ago I had a friend who worked at Hormel and he wondered about the little flecks of red in their "hamburger patties".

He eventually found out that that was the meat!

Reply to
philo

[snip]

LOL! Good one. SPAM = Substance Posing As Meat!

For some reason, the Hawaiian populace loves SPAM. They have more varieties of Spam for that market than Baskin-Robbins has flavor.

I have one son-in-law who loves it. I'd puke if I had to dig it out of the can to throw it away!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

My parents loved SPAM and forced us kids to eat it on a regular basis. SPAM and cheese sandwiches! Fried SPAM and eggs. yuk! Never touch the stuff, now!

Reply to
Muggles

We have Spam & eggs every couple of weeks. Fried to a little crisp on the outside.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I haven't had SPAM since I was old enough to buy own groceries. lol

Maybe the taste had improved since I last had some?

Reply to
Muggles

Gee, I wonder if there is a link between GMO enhanced, pesticide/herbicide laced factory food and human disease?

If there was, the USDA would tell us, right?

Reply to
R. P. McMurphy

We sometimes use it when we make a mix of au gratin and/or scalloped potatoes. Diced ham is better though.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

One of my comfort foods is Spam and cabbage. About once a year.

Reply to
rbowman

Change that to corned beef and cabbage and I'm with you!

Reply to
Muggles

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

--------------------------------------------------------- This message has been cleaned by MessageCleaner.exe v2.17

+1 plus
Reply to
Tekkie®

I do that too but the Spam version is a lot faster. Fry up some onions and garlic (the start of any successful recipe) in a Dutch oven, add the cabbage and cubed Spam, cover, and cook until the cabbage is tender.

Unlike many people I do colcannon for St. Pat's Day. Cabbage and potatoes, if they were lucky, where what the Irish really ate after all the beef was shipped to Britain.

Reply to
rbowman

I've been in a cooking mood off and on for a couple of weeks. Meatloaf and scalloped potatoes have been on the menu recently. mmmmmmmm

Reply to
Muggles

Yeah, meatloaf... I've never been able to perfect the old diner meatloaf experience. I probably can't bring myself to add enough oatmeal, bread crumbs, and sawdust. It's hard to find any of that old diner comfort food anymore. I can come close with the rice pudding and a few other things.

Reply to
rbowman

Sounds good. I like rice pudding.

Reply to
Muggles

EEEEW! I can't eat let alone smell corned beef and cabbage!

Reply to
Eagle

Sucks to be you! ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Walking home from our Boy Scout meeting on Friday nights *always* included a stop at the German deli for Rice Pudding and then a stop at the soda shop a few doors down for a Vanilla Egg Cream.

Queens, NY

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I guess it is an acquired taste!