Hoover WindtunnelMach 21. vacuum problems

I have a Hoover Windtunnel Mach 2.1 Vacuum. The vacuum will run about 5
minutes and then quit! If I let it sit for say 30 minutes it will run again for 5 minutes. I expect that it has some type of internal heat protector that shuts it off. I have checked all the filters and they are old but look reasonably clean. Anyone know how to fix this? It's not worth taking to a repair shop.
thx.
II
Oh pshaw, on Sun 04 Jun 2006 03:39:31p, meant to say...

We had one, too, with the same problem. Repair shop said ther ewas nothing wrong with it. We ditched it and bought a Bissell "bag type". No more problems.
--
Wayne Boatwright @@
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi, Motor is being overloaded. I'd check there is no pbstruction in the air passage. When it works, does it suck well?