Hoover Windtunnel vacuum disassembly?

I have a Hoover Windtunnel vacuum U6630-900.

I nned help getting the thing apart.

The problem is the air flap in the base, (that closes when the handle is in the upright position) does not open when the handle is lowered for carpet use. This prevents the base and beater bar from getting suction.

I can see where a part of the mechansim is broken off when I look between the handle and base cover.

Can anyone tell me how to disassemble the base to get at the part, I've looked at the base from every angle and can't see how to pull the cover from the base.... No screws visible that look like they would hold it together....

Thanks, Mark

Reply to
Mark

Don't have the same model as you, but another older Hoover which is again, a no-screw assembly. I removed the bag holder, removed the accessories & the plastic piece that holds all of them, turned the vacuum upside-down, and removed a plate by sticking a screw-driver into two notches as shown by the embossed signs on the base, and then finally the main cover for the base came off.

-- Himanshu

Reply to
H Gohel