Hoover Windtunnel powerhead cord repair

Cord frayed and broke where it enters the powerhead. I'd like to trim it back to where it broke and rewire it but cannot figure out the plastic cable clamp. I figured I'd ask here before I break something.

Thanks.

Mike snipped-for-privacy@onuj.com (reverse domain)

Reply to
Mike Trachtenberg

I cant help with that specific sweeper, sorry we are hoover elite people here.

What I do when at flea markets is buy whatever Elites I see that are cheap and resonably intact. At a price of about 8 to 12 bucks (as is) are available, for around $20 a rebuilt one with new bag I have a stash of them in the attic, and canibalize as needed for parts. fixed some friends elites too. this way the parts are essentially free.

This compares very favoirably with 30+ bucks I paid once for a power cord after our new puppy chewed it up. only brite spot is puddle has never chewed another wire in her life, she actively avoids even walking over them, and she is 9 years old. she is smart.cord was plugged in at the time:(

recently I bought a case of brand new elite belts, a lifetime supply for us on e bay for 20 bucks. locally they are 3 bucks each plus tax, got like 50 belts:)

its buying smart and being willing to work a little. this way is so cheap I have 3 working, and if one has a problem I just grab another sweeper:)

Reply to
hallerb