Hoover SteamVac V-2 Using Detergent Up Too Quickly

I have the Hoover SteamVac V2 with Auto Rinse feature which I just purchased. Cleaned all the rooms in the house with no problems until I got to the very end. Now when I put the detergent into the detergent canister and go to work, the detergent is used up within five minutes of use (~ six 5-foot passes). It was using the detergent much more frugally at first. I could do a whole room just about without having to refill the detergent.
Has anyone else ever suffered this problem with a steamvac sucking up the detergent too quickly???
I'd appreciate any thoughts.
Sara
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Sara) wrote in <87f8e917.0308100910.3ef5a3c7 @posting.google.com>:

Is it also using up the water at the same rate? Mine got a clog somewhere in the water system and started only using detergent after about the same amount of use. I still haven't gotten a chance to look at it to figure out why though:(
Pick

Well, I noticed that it didn't seem to be using very much water, so I tried a little later this afternoon with NO detergent in the canister and now it's not even putting out any water either! So I guess it was just gradually and gradually using more and more detergent and less and less water until now---nothing. <sigh> $300 for nothing more than a big heavy vacuum cleaner! Geez, where to I start looking for a clog in the water system? Or should I just bring the sucker back to Sears? Bummer...I really love this thing.
Sara
Without having seen this whole feed, let me suggest checking all rubber o-rings and/or seats. Our Eureka was not pumping water at one point, and it turned out to be a missing ring around a spot where the water bucket attached to hte main unit. I called support, then walked me thru it and sent me the new ring. If Hoover has a decent support line, you may be able to call and get some guidance. Unless of course you have done that already and I just missed it..
Maury