Hoover Steam Vac leaks

I've had this 6-brush unit for several years. Now it has started leading fluid. Sitting at rest with fluid in the tank, the stuff just runs out the bottom as though I were pressing the trigger.

Any suggestions re: fix for this appreciated. I live near Hoover repair shop, but would like to try fixing it myself first, if possible.

DH in Denver

Reply to
Dorsey Hudson

I've had this 6-brush Hoover Steam Vac for several years. Now it has started leaking fluid. Sitting at rest with fluid in the tank, the stuff just runs out the bottom as though I were pressing the trigger.

Any suggestions re: fix for this appreciated. I live near Hoover repair shop, but would like to try fixing it myself first, if possible.

DH in Denver

Reply to
DH in Denver

I have one that leaked and what I had found out is there is a littl rubber seal on the vac where you put the bucket with warm water ha been removed (by my 4 year old son) and it leaked due to the fact tha the water was being released but instead of going through the machin like it was supposed to it just ran onto the floor. It cost me $3.0 to replace that little part. hope this helps katiebu

-- katiebug

Reply to
katiebug

Did you haave to order the part from Hoover or were you able to buy it from hardware store?

Reply to
Dorot29701