hooking up temp sink question

I am getting ready to redo my kitchen. I live in a split level and I wanted to hook up a temp kitchen in my den, which is one level down and shares the same plumbing wall as my kitchen.

It is also the same wall that my washer is hooked up to in my basement. If you look at these 2 pics, it will show better.

I plan on moving the existing washer drain to the upper diagonal pipe with a trap (which has a plug on it right now in the picture). On the other side of this wall is my den.

2 questions:

1)When hooking up my sink drain, can I go trap to trap, or should I remove the trap from my sink and just run directly to the basement trap?

2) how can I utilize my washer supply lines to supply water to the sink? I was thinking of buying a hose T of some sort, so I could split the hot and cold for the washer and sink. I would get long braided supply line, like the washer. Again, this is only a temp kitchen (2 months tops).
Reply to
Mikepier

on 9/19/2007 8:57 PM Mikepier said the following:

Two traps are not a problem.

Most washer faucets are the garden hose type. You can get a sillcock Y faucet fitting to feed two hoses. I have one to feed the garden hose and the pool house at the same time.

Reply to
willshak