hooked cutting blade

A while back, I got a dispenser of 100 Stanley cutter blades that have a C hook on both ends of the blade. I would guess they would be for cutting cordage by hooking the cordage and pulling. Is that it, or are there other uses?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Hi, Carpet layers use something like that.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I really wish I'd had one the other day while trying to cut the tape securing a duct to an air handler (especially in the back)...

Maybe for opening taped boxes...

Reply to
Larry Fishel

Some roofers use them. I never mastered the art with roofing.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Some roofers use them. I never mastered the art with roofing.

RonB

I have never ever in my life had the urge to be a roofer. Or a mortician. With each person, there's just some things that one will not do.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

The only hooked blades made for a standard utility knife that I have ever seen are made for roofing. Mostly to cut the shingle overhang.

I have never mastered the art of using them.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

I bought the "large pack" when I needed to remove some linoleum.... they worked well for cutting the linoleum.

They also work on carpet but I use them so seldom I still have way more than half of them left.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK