HONEYWELL VISION PRO 8000 BATTERY CHANGE

The batteries in my Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 are weak and the low battery warning is flashing. When I change them (3-AAA), will I lose all the programming, or only the date & time ??? The manual states nothing about this. =======================================================Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Do you have an option ?
Greg
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/honeywell-vision-pro-8000-battery-change-704202-.htm DA wrote: Ron in NY wrote:

They use specialized time keeping chips in these things that have a memory storage and their own backup battery (good for at least 10 years). I don't know specifics of the Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 t-stat internal circuitry but the manual does say "real-time clock" which, incidentally, "keeps time during power failures ..." and that usually means a real-time chip like the Dallas DS1287, which is a self-contained part with its own battery onboard is used.
So, go ahead and change it. As gregz pointed out in an earlier reply, your choices are rather limited anyway. But I think you will be just fine.
On Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:09:17 PM UTC-7, Ron in NY wrote:

You will probably have about sixty seconds to remove and replace the batteries before you loose it all, but I can't say for sure for the particular model you have.