Honeywell Thermostats

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Honeywell 8000 and the

8500. I see the 8500 listed for sale but it is not listed on their web page. Thanks
Reply to
E Hayes

There is no "Honeywell 8000" thermostat. There is a Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 line designed for professional installation whose models include the TH8110, TH8320, and TH8321.

The RTH8500 is the retail version of the Vision Pro thermostat designed for homeowner installation. Among the other differences between the retail line and the 'trade' line the RTH8500.

a. Must be battery powered. b. does up to 2 stages heat, 2 stages cool. Note: wiring on some systems may require revision to properly install the multistage capability.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

This is Turtle.

Now Which 8000 or 8500 are you talking about and there is a set of letter in front of the 8000 to tell which. there is about 15 different 8000 's and about

12 different 8500 . A example of this is I have Chevy 1500 and now what do you want on that 1500 ? Do you want a 6 cylinder motor or a L-6 Carvet engine ? The 8500 & 8000 is nothing but the series and they have a bunch of type that come from it.

Now the 8000 series models don't have auto change over and multi-staging of the system.

Now the 8500 series models have auto change over and has multi-staging of the system.

Give us the read number and you can get a conparison.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

I'll get all the numbers and repost the question.

Ed

Reply to
E Hayes

Honeywell VisionPro 8000 (TH8110U 1003) Honeywell VisionPro 8000 (TH8110U 1008]

I was also looking at the 8500 version of this thermostat, which I think is just the consumer version, but I am not 100% sure of that.

My heating system is a forced hot air with A/C It is one of those systems that produces hot water which runs through a coil and air is blown though it for heat. In the summer the same coil gets cold "something" through it and we get a/c.

I am not sure how many stages either is but I will assume it is one for both since that is what most home systems use.

So does this info help you.

The reason I want to change the thermostat is becasuse we have a 2 zone system for both heat and a/c. The thermostat downstairs is off by like 3-4 degrees and upstairs is not much better. Thye are not cheap Lux units and I want to get rid of them.

I also plan on installing the units myself so if you think that is a hard job please let me know.

Other thermostats I have installed were very easy. Maybe this one is more difficult.

Thanks for your help.

Ed

Reply to
E Hayes

This is Turtle.

You had sent me a reply by E-Mail and I give you a complete run down on the the thermostats that you ask about but when I sent the e-mail to you to get the info. Your a address came back unknown and rejected the email I sent you. If you would like this info. Let me know about this and I can get it to you.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE