Honeywell Chronotherm III "Replace battery"

Put brand new batteries in the unit and it still flashes "Repl Bat". Cleaned the contacts and checked the batteries. What to look for?

Check the nominal required voltage of the old and the new batteries. If the new battery has a different chemical construcyion, the voltage will be different.
Look for a good usenet provider, and usenet reader. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
in message Put brand new batteries in the unit and it still flashes "Repl Bat". Cleaned the contacts and checked the batteries. What to look for?
On Apr 28, 8:44 pm, Chuck Botts

If they are the correct batteries, I'd be looking for a new thermostat. I'd let it sit without the batteries for an hour or so just to make sure it's fully reset.