Honda snowblower problem

My brandnew Honda 4 cycle single stage snow blower started over reving, and the dealer claims a linkage to the governor snapped. He said I was the third customer with that unit that failed this year. This blower has been on the market since 1998. Has Honda suddenly started using inferior parts? I just hope the replacement linkage is of a better material than what I originally had. The dealer said that Honda must have changed suppliers, or some such excuse like that. Does this sound reasonable?

Sherwin D.

Reply to
sherwindu

Robert Barr