honda model hrt216sdr lawn mower

-------------------------------------
I have a honda mower model HRT216SDA.
I replaced the transmission and clutch arm because the clutch arm was worn as well as the tip that extends up from the transmission where the clutch arm attached as well as installing a new belt.
The problems is when I pull the drive control cable the wheels will turn but it has no pulling power.
I can see the cable move and when I lift the real wheels off the ground the wheels turn, but as soon as I put the wheels back on the ground the mower will not move.
Before reinstalling I checked the gears in the wheels as well as the pinion gears and could see no wear.
Any help would be appreciated
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 370633 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
On Aug 23, 12:03�pm, comeonin37_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (comeonin37) wrote:

Maybe the cable needs adjusting. I had a guy bring me a mower and he said the tranny was out (Craftsman) because it wouldn't move after putting into gear. After I checked it out, the tranny was good. The problem was 1 flat tire. The tire was spinning on the rim and he couldn't see it while sitting on the mower or he was looking at the other tire. I fixed the flat, but didn't tell him until the time he picked it up. When I called him to tell him it was ready, I told him I rebuilt the tranny and he owed me 150 bucks. When I told him the truth, and that he only owed me $15, he almost passed out. Anyway, check the tires. :-)
Hank
On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 16:03:27 +0000, comeonin37_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (comeonin37) wrote:

With the blade disengaged and the drive engaged does the transmission drive shaft develop torque?

Is the ratchet key and spring free to work? Part #6 and #7 http://www.planopower.com/store/honda/honda_rear_wheel_hrs216_self_propelled.shtml
Did you position the pinion gear properly upon re-installation? It is easy to install backwards. If installed backwards it will drive the wheel but will have no torque. When the slope on the gear is backwards the ratchet key will be pushed inward instead of staying out and catching on the gear.
A easy way to check this backwardness without disassembling the wheel is to roll the mower backwards on the driveway, mower off. If the pinion is backwards the wheel will NOT rotate because the ratchet key is catching the steep slope of the pinion instead of the mild slope.