Honda Inverter Generator Repair Advice please!

Hi all, I have been given a generator to repair that is marked as Honda EU 2 Inverter 2000W, it has no 12 volt or AC output.
On opening the unit I see wires going from the alternator directly to the output socket, I see no inverter?
Also I cannot see any slip rings or brushes.
Can anyone with e experience of these please give me some advice on how to trouble shoot?
Thanks in advance!!
Greg.

I dont know if it aplies to Honda or the EU but many generators loose residual magnatism over 6 months and need to be Flashed with an external 12v power source on the generator terminals, google for info on that. 2000w im sure many users of the small honda burn them up from overloading and dont know what surge load means.
ransley wrote:

I've been curious how those are set up internally, friend of mine has one, fantastic little unit, it's whisper quiet and the fuel consumption is a tiny fraction of the obscenely loud 4KW conventional generator I've used from time to time, given the same load. You can run it 24/7 during an extended power outage without rattling the neighborhood.

I've seen several discussions by people with knowledge of these units in alt.energy.homepower .
Greg wrote:

If it's an EU2000i, talk to these folks: