Honda Generators

Page 4 of 5
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Do you?
No, I'm a Young, not a Honda.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Do you?
typed in alt.survival the following:

    We had a sudden storm blow through the Cascade foothills last month /end of June. Knocked a lot of trees down. News footage interviewing a guy right in the middle. "Yep, I work here, and the power went out, and I could see the tree" [cut to 18-24 inch moderate sized tree trunk where it was cut off at the road's edge] "so I got out the chain saw, and me and a couple other guys had the road open in about a half hour or so." Yep, good ol' boys -not so much that they're ready for anything, as they haven't gotten everything out of the truck, yet.
tschus pyotr

"Have the Anarchists ever stopped to consider that if they bring down the American Government, there will be no one to protect them from the rednecks?"
pyotr filipivich wrote:

First things first. The tree was in the way, and they did have a chainsaw. :)
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Free firewood, already down, and you don't have to drive up into the woods to find it. Good way to start the day.
I have a lot of respect for self motivated folks, with Honda Generators.

We had a sudden storm blow through the Cascade foothills last month /end of June. Knocked a lot of trees down. News footage interviewing a guy right in the middle. "Yep, I work here, and the power went out, and I could see the tree" [cut to 18-24 inch moderate sized tree trunk where it was cut off at the road's edge] "so I got out the chain saw, and me and a couple other guys had the road open in about a half hour or so." Yep, good ol' boys -not so much that they're ready for anything, as they haven't gotten everything out of the truck, yet.
tschus pyotr

"Have the Anarchists ever stopped to consider that if they bring down the American Government, there will be no one to protect them from the rednecks?"
pyotr filipivich wrote:

A similar thing happened on my road. By the time I went to work, the tree was neatly cut up and loaded into the back of someone's pickup. Waste not, want not. Almost everyone around here except me has a chain saw; I'm old fashioned and carry an axe in the car. I'll admit if there were several trees across the road I'd truly regret not having a Stihl instead.
Jim Wilkins wrote:

Butlers do not dress. That is the job of the batman.
The below-stairs folk get mightily upset when another servant presumes to do their job.

So what is does a "dogsbody" do?
jsw
On 8/4/2012 2:36 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Same thing as a grunt or a gofer. All the tedious, dirty, or labor intensive tasks that no else wants to do.
Like changing the oil on the Honda generator?
Same thing as a grunt or a gofer. All the tedious, dirty, or labor intensive tasks that no else wants to do.
wrote in message

Thanks. It was the assigned radio callsign of Group Captain Sir Douglas Bader, CBE, DSO, DFC, FRAeS, DL, AM&FM
jsw
On 8/4/2012 5:39 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Douglas Bader, DB, DogsBody. Easy to say, easy to hear, easy to associate. Not a bad handle.
How do you connect it to your Honda generator?
I finally figured out a good way to shower without running water.
Replace the wand on a new garden sprayer (no poison) with a kitchen sink spray hose and fill it with water heated on the wood or Coleman stove. The only part that's mildly difficult is replacing the outlet tube with 3/8" plastic or copper tubing and getting the sealing nut and washer to hold air pressure. I used a 1/8" FPT to push-on 3/8" tubing coupler to connect the spray hose to the tubing, but check the fit in the store
Three gallons of water is enough if you are careful, five should be plenty. It's better to have enough 100F ~ 115F water premixed in buckets than a smaller pot of boiling water to mix with cold in the tank, in case you spill it in the tub while refilling the sprayer.
The hose may be a bit short to shower standing. Rubbermaid step stools make good shower seats that put you low enough to reach the spray head lying on the shower floor.
jsw

What Honda generator? I wrote that I salvage old Colemans.
The subject line is Honda Generators. If the conversation changes, the subject line should change, also. I've demonstrated that, in the past.

What Honda generator? I wrote that I salvage old Colemans.

<sigh> And you had to top-post to tell me.
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

This poor fool thinks he owns threads. Yes, Stormin' you have "demonstrated" that thousands of times by breaking half the threads in the group into incomprehensible pieces.

Just one more way the fool uses to screw up anyone being able to follow any evolving conversation. I honestly think it's just so he can see his name at the top of lots and lots of threads. In any case, his social interaction skills are zero so he should be treated as the village idiot.
Winston_Smith wrote:

What software are you reading the group with? Netscape 4.8 threads by message IDs, not subject lines.
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 21:48:34 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Forte Agent 3.3. It works just fine unless our beloved troll goes out of his way to cause chaos.
Sometimes Stormin' just changes the subject line. That breaks a thread but the "Reference: <>" information is still in the headers so you can trace back for the context without much effort.
Lately, Stormin' likes to cut someone's post and paste it into a new thread, and then put in his comment, on top. That removes the ref info from the headers since, to usenet, it IS a new thread.
Now you may ask "why". I won't try to explain what goes on in his mind. It's part and parcel of what lead him to post a couple snippy replies in this thread when someone dared to say anything that didn't have to do, specifically, with Honda brand generators. I bet he won't let the foods on his plate touch, either.