Honda Engine for pressure washer

I have just bought a pressure washer which uses 5.5HP Honda engine. The instruction manual of the engine indicates that there are varieties of engine control types and the one I purchased is with "Manual Choke/Fixed Throttle" type. Other types shown in the manual include "Flywheel Brake/Remote Throttle", "Manual Choke/Manual Throttle", "Flywheel Brake/Remote Choke/Fixed Throttle", "Automatic Return Choke/Fixed Throttle", and "Remote Throttle/Blade Brake Clutch"

I am wondering if I should exchange this with the one with other control type. If so, then what control type? Could anyone shed light on the matter of the engine control types.

Reply to
khonjo

What's wrong with manual choke-fixed throttle?

Reply to
RBM

The manual is for different types of equipment using the Honda you have, read the last one , its a Lawnmower set up, "Remote Throttle/Blade Brake Clutch".

Reply to
m Ransley

m Ransley is exactly right. I have come to realise that the manual covers varieties of Honda engines which are designed not only for pressure washer but for all kind of equipment. So I assume the "control type" of "manual choke - fixed throttle" is the proper design for pressure washer application.

Thank you, RBM and m Ransley, for responding to my post.

Reply to
khonjo

Just thought I would mention that Consumer Reports noted that the "Honda" engines found on non-Honda equipment at the big box stores often contained cheaper components than real Honda engines on Honda brand mowers and other Honda brand equipment.

Reply to
Art

Art there are now 2 grades of Hondas, commercial the "red" and HO, black shroud, I think that is the determining thing, color.

Reply to
m Ransley

What part of the engine is red or black? Is red indicative of better one?

Reply to
khonjo

The cover/shroud over the top of the engine is red on Honda brand equipment

This cover/shroud is black on equipment that uses Honda powerplants, but has someone else's name on the equipment.

The allegation is that RED==Better quality, heavier grade components, longer life with fewer repairs.

Reply to
Robert Gammon

Must not be consistent then. My non-Honda branded pressure washer has a RED shroud on the Honda engine.

Reply to
Rick Brandt