Homemoaners Hub & example.com

Does anyone answer the posts from this site? I don't have it KF yet but I see new posts as my reader parses the old ones. I assume it's just another spam op.
--
Tekkie

HH and their ilk have been discussed here in the past. These days, unless you are close to retirement age, you probably have no idea what Usenet is and how it was intended to be used.
That said, I don't see any problem with HH. They certainly aren't spamming the newsgroup, and their user participation does extend the life and usefulness of a.h.r. Not sure why you would want to blindly kill all posts that originate there.

I never understood the reasoning for them to re-post old messages. While they do generate some activity on this newsgroup, they are worthless to reply to, because the OP is long gone. But lately the stuff they post is not even complete posts. It's just random crap. Thats when I finally kill filed them.
I think that is all posted by a bot. It just picks random messages and posts them. All very useless!
On 4/14/2016 9:15 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

My guess is a new guy signs up on the website, sees a subject of interest and replies without looking for a date. Then it is propagated here.

That could be right ????
Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

You are probably right. I'll think I'll s/b and watch how it shakes out.
--
Tekkie

On 4/14/2016 12:11 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

useful one as they are typical responding to posts from many years ago, and with no context. It is a web based interface to this group, nuke it from orbit.
--
Froz....

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 15:20:32 -0700, FrozenNorth

The fact that so many are like that implies that something about the site setup encourages it. There is probably a prominent Find function and no automatic quoting, so people think it's reasonable not to quote.
But they should know to include context. Even in the 18th century, people would answer letters, "Regarding your letter of November 15 previous, No, I won't be coming to New York for the inauguration.
Instead of just saying, No.