Homemade peanut butter

Page 3 of 3

You're thinking of "Tim the Toolman" not me...I never use tools. I'm a lawyer.
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 06:13:08 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa

e-How doesn't show it, but Jelly Belly uses copper "cement mixers" in one part of making jelly beans. I think it's the final "sugaring" process.
--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

I have a vintage 1960s Osterizer with a higher power motor, glass jar, metal housing, etc., and I've used it occasionally to make peanut butter.
However, if I made peanut butter on a regular basis, I would buy a dedicated machine like this one. The mechanism is entirely different and is up to the task of producing multiple batches. You'll probably never buy another one...
http://www.thegreenhead.com/2008/09/peanut-butter-machine.php
--
Wayne Boatwright
FWIW< grind your peanuts while still hot and save some of the wear and tear on the grinder/blender. the hot peanuts make oil faster and go from granules into butter faster, AND get smoother, in my limited experience.

The one and only time I did it, the peanuts were cold and it was very quick. Much quicker than I expected. I used a blender - the container was maybe half full. Homemade is fun, but I don't have anything against opening a jar.
--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
On the way home from dropping off my dead Oster blender at the warranty dropoff service center (I'll get a new replacement in about a month), I saw an Oster Counterforms blender at Costco yesterday for $49.99 and after mulling it over, took it home. It appears to be similar to the other Counterforms and the Fusion as well, same controls and features.
Dan
Email: dmusicant at pacbell dot net