Homelite Weed-Whacker: throttle cable

The throttle cable on my Homelite Bandit SX-135 broke.

Anybody know where I can get a replacement part? I'm told there's none available locally.

How to home-make a suitable replacement?

Thanx, Puddin'

Reply to
Puddin' Man

Did you already check the Homelite place ?

I fixed 'temporarily" the same problem on my "Trim n edge" twisting a short piece of sturdy wire with two needle-nose pliers and lots of patience ( the cable was broken right at the end on the motor side).

Depending on where yours broke you can be more or less lucky. Buying a new cable of the same size from a bike shop and doing some adjustments should also work.

Good luck

Art

Reply to
Carpenter

Nope. Figgered Homelite was a goner.

Hit on the site this morn. Contractor is there, but I couldn't find hide nor hair of sx-135.

Mine broke right in the middle.

Good idea.

Mine's got a tiny segment of cylinder at one end like a motorcycle or maybe bicycle cable.

Much Thanx! Puddin'

Reply to
Puddin' Man