Homelite gas string trimmer

Got one of these, and it is cranky. Probably in the 22cc range. Tried cleaning the carb, but can't get it to work. Got spark, got gas. Damn thing. What am I missing? Invest in a carb kit, and just do it again? Is there a compression rating on these things? It seems not to have a lot of compression when pulling the handle, or not as much as I would expect. Guess I have to search for my compression gauge and see what it is. What should the compression reading be?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Steve,

About 100 psi in a cold engine. Have you tried starting fluid?

Dave M.

Reply to
Dave M.