HomeDepot Sloppy Door install

Tell HD HQ by email, to check out your public complaint at alt.homerepair, that tens of thousands will scrutinise how its resolved over the years to come. Email is best for complaints, its on record, alot will read it, dont use the phone. Tell HD you will open this thread on 20 more newsgroups, and keep it #1 for years to come, if you are not given what you paid for immediatly.

I'm not that energetic. I'm glad there are people out there that are though. I just want the door to shut the way it is intended to. HD is sending out their own door installing manger today at noon. I'm going to keep my mouth shut and let them make their own observations then tell them my complaints. I have the feeling the door is perfectly fine in their opinion but we'll see just how high their standards are. Like I said none of my other doors are loose like this one so I'll ask why is that?

Reply to
ythread

Here in Central TX there seems to be a lot of shoddy construction. I noticed as soon as I moved here from NM that the building codes here are more relaxed. People out here, in general, don't seem to have much professional integrity. IMHO But I'm just pointing out the bad apples. I'm sure there are some who strive for excellence. I just haven't seen any. Just an observation.

Reply to
ythread

"SteveB" wrote>

Actually it depends on the area and the contractor they use. Some of them are good. Locally, I have better luck with Lowes but that's probably just my area.

Reply to
cshenk

Sounds like you've got it well in hand.

Firm, calm, and no BS allowed.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

"ythread" wrote in news:79Q6k.60058$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Do you have a 4' level and a framing square?

Check the door for level, plumb & square (horizontal, vertical, in & out, then squareness at the corners). See just how off it is. If it's way off, you have them by the balls per their own install directions provided with every door.

Reply to
Red Green

I'll check it out but I think they've solved my problem. Thanks

Reply to
ythread

Not all. In his follow up post he said he is going to try Lowes next time.

Most of us live and learn, others live and remain stupid.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:tNZ6k.6141$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com:

He'll have less of a chance to get bad service at the Blue Borg. He'll be hard pressed to find an employee to help him at all.

Reply to
Red Green