HomeDepot Sloppy Door install

Page 2 of 2

Sounds like you've got it well in hand.
Firm, calm, and no BS allowed.
--
Woodworking links and more at http://www.woodenwabbits.com
--------------
I've had an HD contractor in Ellicott City, MD install inside and outside doors for me. And I have been very satisfied.
Where I live, HD is very picky about their contractors and I've yet to hear a complaint.
If you don't get satisfaction from your local HD, tell them you going to complain to HD corporate.
Dick

Good to hear. With as much business as HD generates I'm sure there are plenty of good contractors willing to share the wealth.
I called the corporate Customer Service yesterday and they are sending another company out. I'm going to be patient and try to get this thing resolved through their channels. I really don't feel like throwing more money into this on my own. My next move will be a carefully worded email to Mansonite and HD corporate.

Tell HD HQ by email, to check out your public complaint at alt.homerepair, that tens of thousands will scrutinise how its resolved over the years to come. Email is best for complaints, its on record, alot will read it, dont use the phone. Tell HD you will open this thread on 20 more newsgroups, and keep it #1 for years to come, if you are not given what you paid for immediatly.

Tell HD HQ by email, to check out your public complaint at alt.homerepair, that tens of thousands will scrutinise how its resolved over the years to come. Email is best for complaints, its on record, alot will read it, dont use the phone. Tell HD you will open this thread on 20 more newsgroups, and keep it #1 for years to come, if you are not given what you paid for immediatly.
I'm not that energetic. I'm glad there are people out there that are though. I just want the door to shut the way it is intended to. HD is sending out their own door installing manger today at noon. I'm going to keep my mouth shut and let them make their own observations then tell them my complaints. I have the feeling the door is perfectly fine in their opinion but we'll see just how high their standards are. Like I said none of my other doors are loose like this one so I'll ask why is that?

Do you have a 4' level and a framing square?
Check the door for level, plumb & square (horizontal, vertical, in & out, then squareness at the corners). See just how off it is. If it's way off, you have them by the balls per their own install directions provided with every door.

I'll check it out but I think they've solved my problem. Thanks

Here in Central TX there seems to be a lot of shoddy construction. I noticed as soon as I moved here from NM that the building codes here are more relaxed. People out here, in general, don't seem to have much professional integrity. IMHO But I'm just pointing out the bad apples. I'm sure there are some who strive for excellence. I just haven't seen any. Just an observation.