Homebrew underground wire break locator.

Page 2 of 2

Another great resource. Thanks!
Bob

Good idea...

Not exactly homebrew, but a "time domain reflectometer" will do the job. It's a piece of highly specialized equipment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-domain_reflectometer

Thanks everyone for all the ideas. I did some experimentation today with my signal generator and an AM radio. I'm hopeful this will work, and hopefully will get over to try it for real this weekend.
Bob