Home Security

Hey I am trying to make my home safer. I have this book and it is good! http://www.nealinternational.com/The_Ultimate_Guide_To_Home_Security / does anyone have anything else?
My father was a very smart man. He was also a locksmith so he had to deal with some of security issues. He taught me a lot and one of those things was a very simple security philosophy: Crooks are lazy. You need to make your home less attractive as others around it. Big locks are one way, but an even better way is to make it look like you are not going to have much to take. Don't show off wealth. We had a neighbor who for years I passed by and said hi and such, but later I got to know him. I had wondered why he did not clean up his yard or fix up his home. Later I got to know him better and was invited in. It was like a art gallery. Expensive paintings and furniture, non of which could be seen from the outside. He had several million dollars worth of art alone there, but no one bothered him. They did not know it was there.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

The police for free will usualy come and look at your home, they know the area and what to expect.
In article

They do it for free so they can sell the info to burglars. More crime more police, more $$$ ;(