home maintenance depression

wow, this is a trip:
the $16,000 hvac system I had put in 2 years ago whistles loudly when the AC is on. The installers can't do anything about it.
the $12,000 roof I had put on 2 years ago has a leak over the back porch.
the reason I know the roof leaks over the porch is because the AC condensate drain that should be running only in emergency runs all the time and pointed out the leak in the porch roof to us.
now I get to tear out the plywood ceiling I paid the roofers an extra $500 to put in so I can clean up the wet mess up there.
Anybody got a match?
scribbled this interesting note:

The installers might not, but I bet you could...if you take the time they won't take and figure out the problem...

No reason for a roof to leak. Call them back out and make them fix it. It should still be under their labor warranty. Being in that business, I wouldn't take anything other than "We'll be right there to take a look and fix it for you" from them.

Get your HVAC fellow back out. Your primary drain must be stopped up with dust, mold, or other debris. I've seen times where what a customer of ours thought was a roof leak was actually an air conditioning problem...

Just be sure to dry it out first!:~)
Thank you for the pep talk John. I was just feeling very despondent over this mess.
Perhaps I will call the roofers and speak with them. My wife told me it's a waste of time. On the other hand she's up in arms over the hvac guys, I don't understand the difference.
Thank you.

AC
condensate
pointed
$500

I do,...............She's a Girl person...............That should explain everything.('cept the water damage)
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply
MUADIB
If A Quiz is Quizical, What is a test?
The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

I can do ya one better:
House with extensive rot problems, septic problems, electrical problems, illegal structure built on top of flat roof that leaks. Roof collapsed in multiple areas. No renovation contractor will touch the place. So I have to do the repairs myself, little by little. Essentially, surgically demolishing the whole upstairs, one room at a time and rebuilding it one wall section at a time. Lots of scaffolding, lots of sweat, lots of effort to not look at the whole problem and just shoot myself because it's too much for one man to deal with.
You think you got problems? :-)
Bill Green wrote:

Bologna!
Born yesterday? So you think that tiny stream of water draining to the roof for 2 hours /day for 3 month will cause a leak on say 20 year shingles?
1) Get HVAC ( or DIY ) to clear primary drain. 2) Get HVAC guy to fix ductwork so it doesn't whistles 3) Get roofing guy to fix roof. 4) Contact attny.

AC
Am I really out of it, or is $16K really, really expensive for a new HVAC?
I need one installed Any Year Now (mine's a 25 year old Lennox) and was under the impression that I could do so for maybe $2-$3K...
-Tim
On Wed 06 Jul 2005 10:32:12p, Tim Fischer wrote in alt.home.repair:

Not for an 18,000 sq ft house.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

$16,000 included new two stage furnace with variable speed blower, 18 SEER AC condensor and compressor, two zoning systems with controls and thermostats, electronic air cleaner, and all new galvanized metal ducts.
Bill Green wrote:

Two systems, right?
Bill Green pissed, moaned, cried, bawled, squawled, when he posted this tripe:

You're full of shit. Oh, a match? yes. Your face and my ass...

this should cheer you up: http://tinyurl.com/6a4bq

$500
thx. it did.