Home Made Carpenter Ant Repellant?

I have Carpenter Ants infesting my patio. They were there last year, and back again this spring. I sprayed a product called Natural Pest solution ant repel product around the perimeter of my home liberally. What a joke, $25 to feed the ants. They loved it.
I can't afford to redo the patio, yet the negative pitch providing a moist puddled environment is certainly what is providing their breeding ground.
So, I went outside and sprayed a section of the perimeter of my foundation where they like to gather with Windex, and they stayed away from the barrier. I also sprayed a couple of them with it and they struggled, then died within less than a minute of contact.
Is there a home made solution that you can recommend that I can spray my foundation walls with to repel C-Ants? I'm thinking of spraying the Windex, but I don't know how long this will repel them, because I do not believe it will have a residual/long lasting effect.

Windex,
it
Do a google search for Borate. It is a mineral commonly used to prevent termites and carpenter ants. May be what you need. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

...a couple of trade names are Timbor and Boracare. I have no personal experience with either, but they both seem to be effective.
John
says... :)
:) > :) > Is there a home made solution that you can recommend that I can spray my :) > foundation walls with to repel C-Ants? I'm thinking of spraying the :) Windex, :) > but I don't know how long this will repel them, because I do not believe :) it :) > will have a residual/long lasting effect. :) > :) > :) :) Do a google search for Borate. It is a mineral commonly used to prevent :) termites and carpenter ants. May be what you need. :) Ed :) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net :) http://pages.cthome.net/edhome :) :) :) I would worry about the phototropic of the borates being used around the plants near the foundation. Best solution is to keep the trees and shrubs from touching the structure. The C-ants are part of your environment, would be more uncommon not to see one around a home, just keep watch to make sure they aren't nesting in the structure, then address at that time. You can find Advanced carpenter Ant Bait on the web or at a do it yourself type pest control shop and it is very effective on their control. You could probably spend $50-$100 and have the foundation professionally treated with a product called Termidor and would stop all varieties of nesting ants within a few feet of the foundation and control any structure nesting ants on the outer walls.
but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.
log onto www.gardensalive.com and buy liquid ant bait. Worked for me.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus