Home insurance rates increasing

Page 1 of 3
I'm in North Texas, near Dallas - I ended a long time business relationship with State Farm insurance about a year ago to buy a homeowners policy from a family member that was starting out with another one of the major insurance companies here - that business didn't work out for him, so now I'm going back to State Farm, and finding that their rates have increased almost 50% from what they were when I had the previous State Farm homeowners policy before I left ( a year or so ago).
The house's value is about $140,000 - the dollar value they came up with to rebuild my home has increased from what it was with the former policy by about 10%, so I'm questioning the agent about the 50% rise in the premium - we're gonna talk tomorrow.
No major upgrades or improvements with the house - all things with the house and the local area are pretty much the same as when I had the previous policy with State Farm - no natural disasters, no roof replacement, no flooding issues anywhere near me of any kind, no real changes in crime or zoning or anything like that - I have excellent credit, and my remaining mortgage is about 1\3 the value of the house - there's nothing at all that I can figure that'd cause such a jump - and I am pretty sure that the policy coverage specifics are pretty much the same.
Any thoughts why the big jump in my premium? Thanks!
in message

You don't say how much your paying, but I'm in the same area. Collin County Just got my renewal(Safeco) and its $789, 1% deductable, taxable value 155,000 insured full replacment for 207,000. Just got a quote from Farm Bureau and he was $1082

My quote was about $2,000 - similar numbers as yours - mine were a bit less, actually - I might need to shop around. THANKS!
On 2/28/2013 6:19 AM, AngryOldWhiteGuy wrote:

I've been with Safeco for a few years now. No problems.

ther

out

o).

ith

icy

-

nd I

less,

You only know how good they are when you try to make a claim.
On 3/2/2013 4:18 AM, harry wrote:

I did. I have with State Farm too.
On Feb 28, 3:55 am, "AngryOldWhiteGuy"

ip

m a

ce

%

-

use

t I

Global warming = Worsening weather?
On 2/28/2013 3:08 AM, harry wrote:

Bingo!
On 2/28/2013 3:08 AM, harry wrote:

Global warming does not exist.

So you don't think the weather is getting worse/more extreme? Where have you been living?
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:28:12 -0800 (PST), harry

It's been clear for some time that we don't live in your shithole universe, harry.

In the universe where the sky is blue. We know yours is too dim to tell.
On Feb 28, 9:29 pm, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming
Only shitfer brains FoxNews watchers deny global warming is happening.
On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 00:39:51 -0800 (PST), harry

Only someone with some sense of science and distrust of politicians. That leaves you out, obviously.

# # http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming # #Only shitfer brains FoxNews watchers deny global warming is happening.
YAWN ! The planet has bee warming quite steadily since the last Ice Age.. We're about due for a change in direction. Going by Solar Activity, that seem to be far more probable than a continuation of the warming since the last Ice Age. (Give or take a few millennia)..
Oh wait. YOU are one of those idiots that imagine that ANY change in short term climate Is a doomsday scenario where Earth will turn into Venus..
DOH !
On 3/3/2013 3:12 PM, Attila Iskander wrote:

Stop the presses! Get your expert opinion on climate change here folks.
gonjah wrote:

My view is that it would be cheaper and easier to deal with the consequences of global warming that to try to mitigate its effects.
For example, building dikes around coastal cities to accommodate ocean level rise would cost only a few trillion; eliminating internal combustion engines would cause an horrendous spike in horse prices (and what would we do with all the horse shit? Eh? Eh?).

And how would the Europeans be able to afford their hamburgers if the price of horse meat went up???
On 2/28/2013 1:28 PM, harry wrote:

Rush Limbaugh said so. It's just another lefty scare tactic.

178 million will lose their jobs because of the sequester.

If those 178 million people are only making $558.58 a year, they should be happy to get away from that job (based 7 months, the length of time the $58b is supposed to cover)