home insulation part II

Thanx for the previous responses...

New question...

On my outer walls I have tonge and goove pine. (dont know what the formal name is of it)

In any case looking at it the guys must have had a ruff night when my house was being built. I have many many gaps in the wood, leaving some good spaces many of which I can see the outer tar paper.

Would it be ok to seal all the gaps up with a foam sealer?

I live in NY and plan to insulate the walls with a r13 fiberglass insulation (kraft paper)

Eventually I want to use a tyvek home wrap prior to putting new siding on the home.

Good or bad idea to seal up the outer pine wall?

Thanx. Tom

Reply to
Tom K

H sexy,

Foam is kind of sloppy but it might work. I would use rubber silicone for its elasticity in a hot to cold climate so it doesn't crack apart and you can paint if need be.

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7

The siding is not designed to seal the wall, only keep the weather off it. That tar paper is the water/wind seal protected by the siding.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan