Home inspection for a new town house in the Bay Area ...

Friends,
Are there any recommendations on how to get inspections for a new town house should get done? The one year warranty for our house will soon be getting over. We thought it would be better if we get independent inspection done.
Thanks for your help.
Regards, Kedar

The correct time to have done that would be a year ago before you closed on the property.
Not sure one of those is going to do you a lot of good now.
Colbyt

....perhaps if you mentioned which "bay" you live near.....
J.H. Holliday wrote:

The common reference to the "Bay Area" is that area on both sides of the bay between San Fransisco and Oakland, California
willshak wrote:

TYPO alert: Francisco, not Fransisco. I can prove it was a typo since my confirmation name is Francis. :-)
willshak wrote:

Nah, not necessary.
But you do have to distinguish between Matagorda Bay and Galveston Bay.

...perhaps among the sissified liberals who live there and perceive it as the center of the universe...but for the rest of us, a little clarification is in order..........
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:39:36 -0700, Kedar Mhaswade wrote:

If possible ask a neighbor in your development who moved in before you and has gone through this. Or a friend or work colleague.
Not necessarily the BEST way, but any realtor can give you the names of home inspectors.
They're in the yellow pages of the phone book (Home Inspection).
There are one or more national organizations for home inspectors. I forget the names. But googling should locate one for you, and I suspect its web site would have a referral service.
-- Joel

Why don't you get the guy the House Detective show on TV uses? I think his name is Steve Ramos and I'm sure you can get his name by googling for the show. They use him all the time, he appears to be based in the bay area and competent.