Home Improvement gone bad- chimney liner

I most strongly disagree! This is part of what is wrong with many sectors of business today. No one takes pride in their work! Why should the customer accept second class, careless, and shoddy work? If the workman was so careless and uncaring as to trash the customer's house, one can only shudder at what he may have done while installing the new chimney liner. Also, I am sure that the contract for the work called for the property to be returned to the same condition after the job as it was before the work began. Therefore the contractor did NOT complete the job! Lastly, why should the customer or his insurance company pay for cleaning up the mess? This is clearly the responsibility of the contractor (if he is reputable and ethical, which he obviously is not) and that responsibility was not met. Therefore, let the legal beagles have at him... I say go for his throat and perhaps a lesson can be taught him!!!!

Dave D

Reply to
DaveD

Are you related to my ex-wife?

To her, the main thing was establishing fault so she could get on to the important things ......... punishment and guilt.

To her, it was not only necessary to win the disagreement, but to then KILL the opponent.

Pay the bum, file a claim, and take all the time you would have wasted on it and spend it with your kids or grandkids.

Sheesh. Teaching people lessons is like teaching an amoeba to pole vault.

Reply to
SteveB

The contractor has given me the certificate of insurance today along with the original check. I have issued a new check. Now I cam submit the claim through my insurance company. A big thanks to every one for their advice and guidance, very much appreciated. Artist.

hey....this

Reply to
Artist

His insurance was issued in this February and is good till March if this year....it's for the least amount of Liability....I'm just glad it is valid and can cover my property damage. Hard lesson to learn. Thanks again. Artist

Reply to
Artist

First off my bet is if it went to court the judge would split into two separate issues, like I have. Was the job done? Yes! Then pay him. Secondly would be the damages. The home owner win probably win out on this, but a judge would deduct the contractors job from the damages. either way he gets paid for the job, so to speak, but the damages eat up the income from the job.

As far as giving it to the insurance company, if the insurance company is like most, they will pursue the issue of damages with the contractor. In other words the insurance company probably will not pay out, but they will be the muscle to collect the money either from the contractor or the contractor's insurance. That is why you pay them! Trust me, I have been there! On both sides of the issue! That is how it went down both times. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

In article , snipped-for-privacy@cox.net says...>

I love it! .... except I'd say "some people" instead of people.

Reply to
MikeP

Reply to
Artist

He gave you a cert , good I hope it is still in effect, you need to call his insurance broker or insurance co.

Reply to
m Ransley

Reply to
Artist