Home Improvement: Courses or Classes?

Hello all,
Does anyone know where a home owner can go to take courses or classes for home improvement (electrical, plumbing etc) in NJ or any other locations
I would like to learn from a professional and not the home depot guy who doesn't even know where they keep the toilet seats in his own store.
Medic2697 wrote:

Some of them couldn't find a toilet seat in the bathroom.
Try calling some of your local adult ed programs, usually run through the high schools.

http://www.mepatwork.com/Resources/NewJerseyTradeSchools.html
Medic2697 wrote:

In my area (Twin Cities, Minnesota), there are usually many different free home improvement-type fairs/shows that are co-sponsored by city governments and local businesses.
A typical show includes seminars, how-to demonstrations, and booths staffed with professionals from various trades that are on hand to provide free "how-to" advice.
If you have a similar type of thing in your area, I'd suggest going. In my experience, they've proved to be a valuable source of free information and guidance.
Loren
Check out local community colleges. Probably offer something close to what you seek.