home furnace???

could someone help me with my home gas furnace. The problem is the heat doesn't run when i turn it to "auto", but it runs good when i turn it on. At first i thought it was the thermalstat meter, so i replaced with the new digital one, but that is not the problem....so could someone direct me where to find the problem.....thank you very much.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Hi, You don't make sense to me. Are you talking about blower(fan)? When thermostat calls for fan, what happens? When you say turn it on, what do you do?
Tony Hwang wrote:

Right. Use a volt meter to see that your transformer is supply the required 24 volts AC that is needed. Then get down by the relay that the thermostat activates. Install a clip lead that acts the same as the thermostat turning on. Does the system respond correctly?
Keep on following the chain....
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com writes:

Could you be more specific? Is that to say that your furnace appears to be working fine when you have the thermostat set to "heat" and the temperature above room temp?
And that your furnace isn't kicking on if you hvae the thermostat set to auto?

Logical thought since clearly the furnace itself seems to be doing it's thing if it's working okay on a different thermostat setting.

It's possible your curent thermostat is bad and that the new one you bought is either mis-installed, or incompatible with your system, or as another poster suggested, the supply voltage to the termostat isn't right, could be cabling, could be lots of things.
How old is the furnace? YOu may be due for a clean and check on it anyway, so I'd encourage ya to get the pro's out there to make sure the furnace is not only working on auto, but running safely and burning clean when it is on.
-- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Call a service tech! Do NOT mess with it! udarrell
--
PROPER A/C UNIT & DUCTWORK Sizing is over 70% of Operating Efficiency
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html