Home for sale

Blaine, WA, Asking $595,000.
Two story, split level, only two blocks from Canadian border!
Oh, almost forgot: house has four-story, hand-built, below ground fortress with three-ton motorized blast door, four sump pumps, secret entrances (via sliding shelving units), complete telephone, internet, and electrical service with battery backup and generator capability, 300 gallon water storage. Can sustain two families for several months.
HeyBub wrote:

Eek! Forgot the link:
http://www.oneofakindhouse.com/fortress.html

I like the secret stairs that they show on the internet for the world to see. Probably de-valued the house by 200k on that move.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I called. The "secret" stairs lock behind you. Then the gas comes on.
The owner will show you the "double-secret" stairs after you buy the house.
wrote in message

Cute, I guess, but like most owner-built homes, it is hard to tell what is behind the pretty veneer. I'd wanna see engineering drawings and/or a good photo record of the build process before I let people use that subterranean space, especially in a disaster. And they say 'below sea level' like that is a GOOD thing? Pumps always fail, walls always leak, the only question is when. The concrete may be '5-bag-mix', but what about the rebar, and how were the pours tied together? The place may be as solid as a missile silo, which seems to be the look they were going for, but it may also be as fragile as a movie set. There will be quakes in the pacific Northwest again, someday....
aem sends...

(via
300 gallons really isn't much if you really think about it. Sure, basic rules say 1 gallon of water per person per day, but what about other uses?
On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 18:45:58 -0400, "HeatMan"

If they went to that much trouble, they probably put in some kind of system where rainwater fed their cistern/reservoir. That's what I'd do.
Jo Anne
On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:12:44 -0400, Jo Anne Slaven

It's a fallout shelter you knob. Are you blonde?